By Saif Khan
I interviewed Omer Qadri, an educator and a mentor-like figure in my life, about education and his journey as an educator. We discussed the education system, systematic racism, and my experience in one of the educational programs he lead. The interview footage is cut into audio clips with illustrations done by myself, check them out below!
1. You (Omer) are an engineer with an MBA. How did you get into education, coaching & training?
2. What are the projects that you (Omer) are currently working on?
We then talked a bit about what Omer learned from his series on success
3. How can an individual take action for their own education?
4. What are some things that you think should be integrated into the mainstream education system?
5. Tell us about your research on the impact of systemic racism on brain development! Check out the article here
After, we closed off our conversation by talking about my experience in a youth program that Omer lead!
It was nice to be able to reconnect with Omer through this interview, and to gain insight into his experiences and journey as a person and educator. I hope you enjoyed listening to our conversation, and that from it you gained some insight. You can connect with Omer at @imomerqadri on Instagram, and through his site at https://www.omerqadri.com/